Saturday, April 29, 2006

Long weekend, holidays and Firefox

Another bank holiday and long weekend. Planned for a trek/walk but cancelled at the last minute because of a friends bachelor party. It was fun with all the guys drinking and cracking jokes and believe me there was never a mention of girls or any thing related to that. All centered around sports, movies, old college/hostel days and of couse sayari(s). Its been a long time since I went to a party like this.

Coming to the topic, I am still trying to get vi key bindings to work in firefox 1.5. Have tried everything including installing keybind xpi, prefs.js. prefs.js is used mostly pre-1.0 but I want no holes left to be turned. The platformHTMLBindings.xml holds the key but it hasnt worked for me till now. I reliase my mistake now, so bent upon trying to fix that one. I was editing the toolkit.jar with winzip and when I zip back, it is very small. winzip is really compressing the file rather than tarring. Since I don't know java neither use it, I need to find and download jar tools first. Once successful, I plan to write a short tutorial on it.
Nowadays, everbody is talking about ubuntu and I think even the whole slashdot crowd is behind ubuntu. Planning to give dapper a try and find out what is so wonderful about this distribution. I love my OpenSuse 10 which is rock solid and almost on the fly breezy installation including my Broadcom wireless NICs. Meanwhile, my ITIL foundation exam preparation is going very sluggish.

No comments: