Sunday, October 15, 2006

Cycle to Bath

I drove to Emersens green to a friends house and from their we started off in bikes. It was a lovely day. (http://www.paulspages.co.uk/bbcycle/) When we started off, it was misty and the weather improved much better later on. Initially I was tired, but once the body warmed up, we kept going. It was a wonderful countryside. The old railway line between Bristol and Bath is now converted to a cycle path. We saw lot of old railway stations along the path. Halfway through, we went to a pub and had a shandy. The pub is situated on the banks of River Avon and it is a beautiful place. I cant express the beauty in words. There was a sailing club there and many were trying out their yacht/sailing skills. When we settled down with a shandy, I was seeing lot of rafts trying to pass the current flowing inwards. It was nice. From there, we started off towards Bath once again, crossed many bridges and reached the canal in bath very near to city centre. We started off back, took rest in couple of places. There is the somerset steam railway running along a couple of miles along the path. It is run via donation and by volunteers. When I reached back Bristol, I was dead hungry and cramp in thigh muscles which joins knee. It was a wonderful experience and I decided to use by cycle more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there - i can´t find any email from you - so i´m sorry that i have to write in a comment ;)
I wanted to ask if you have already this nice birthday reminder script which reminds you via email for upcoming birthdays. Can you pls contact me ---> thomas.brodinger@googlemail.com

greedings tom